Sky

Official Reopening Date

52 posts in this topic

Tricksters, we'd like to officially announce (after many many months of delay) that LifeTO is reopening on March 5, 2017 at exactly 8:00PM (EST). As promised, all accounts made during the OBT are retained and will receive 3x Kitty Sprint 190 Boxes. Here are the changes you should expect:

1. Client limit has been removed. Players may now open as many LifeTO windows as they want.
  2. Fixed Episode 6 Quest. Chronos is now respawning somewhat properly, but we're not 100% certain whether it gets past that.
  3. Web Trading. Players may now sell their items in our web shop since MyShop items are untradeable in-game.
  4. More Happiness Managers!

These features will be available by 3/12/2017:

1. Driller Pet is now available. Well, we know how much you hate drilling so we're now making it available.
  2. New MyShop System. Players may now convert their galders for MyShop pts. in-game. 2,000,000 galders = 1,000 MyShop Pts
  3. MyCamp. All MyCamp items are going to be sold for 500 Bals (USD 50¢) each.

We thank everyone for their undying patience and support for this project. We hope to see you on the 5th of March. Please spread the word!

Sounds great! :D Super excited /e3

omg!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!(love)

On 2/25/2017 at 11:01 PM, Sky said:
  1. Driller Pet is now available. Well, we know how much you hate drilling so we're now making it available.

(what) uhh... wait, what?? Nooo! (cry)

That was one of the biggest selling points for this server...

4 minutes ago, khloebunni said:

(what) uhh... wait, what?? Nooo! (cry)

That was one of the biggest selling points for this server...

But everyone hates drilling (cry)

3 hours ago, rkdgks1313 said:

Do you have Korean version?

We might implement a client with Korean translation but I am afraid that it's not going to be updated regularly or the transation's gonna bad.

1 hour ago, momo4460 said:

Is another language available?

English only at the moment.

WOOOO! Awesome awesome, looking forward to it. Can't wait  HNNNGGHGHH

Omg!!! Finally! Yes!! Can't wait! Great job guys. (love)

On 2/26/2017 at 6:01 AM, Sky said:

Driller Pet is now available. Well, we know how much you hate drilling so we're now making it available.

I would rather not make driller pets available, but if you really want to, then make them hard to get. I mean boss-card/sandman card hunting hard! This would basically mean, that in order to get the pet, one would need to do a lot of boss-hunting or similar hence the time spent on doing other stuff would be comparable to drilling without the pet.

58 minutes ago, Sky said:

But everyone hates drilling (cry)

A fair number, I'm sure. But as long as driller pets exist, you must use them, especially if you are a competitive player. It's impossible to keep up with players that can afk drill 24/7, on multiple accounts, without maintaining multiple afk-drillers yourself. But even for casual players, getting a driller pet is a priority. You definitely begin to depend on them (because of how much everyone hates drilling normally).

Which isn't inherently a bad thing [for casual players], until this means increased server issues during drilling events, potentially even just day-to-day activities, because of the number of people afk-drilling. Likely more than a 1:1 character to player ratio, because why would any serious player pass up value like this? If your device (or multiple devices) can handle multiple clients, why afk-drill with only one character, for anything less than 24/7? You're just giving up free value otherwise.

As intended, driller pets may assist with the monotony of drilling for the casual player. But they also introduce so much maintenance and dependence for the competitive player. I can only speak for myself, but... it all becomes significantly less enjoyable. It turns into: if you're not actively questing or bossing, why are you not afk-drilling? If you're only afk-drilling with your main, why do you not have alts afk-drilling? If your inventory fills up approximately every 2 hours, why do you not have alarms set up to empty your inventory?

Edited by khloebunni

Hi Sky~

Thanks for the update! Really looking forward to the reopening!
I feel all the new things to be launched are great additions!

I personally am in the "I hate drilling" bandwagon~ But at the same time I get Khloe's point! Though I feel, so far the community here isn't as competitive as Khloe makes it out to be. One reason I enjoyed trickster in the old days (lol) was that it wasn't so grindy, and the people I played with were a hell of a lot more laid back than when playing RO. So nurturing that side of the community would probably be for the best.

When it comes to it, many games have overtaken Trickster in terms of gameplay, graphics, etc. and the thing that keeps us here, really, more than anything else is nostalgia. A chance to keep reliving a part of our younger selves. As long as the game keeps being entertaining, and the community is great, I have high hopes for LifeTO!

Edited by lordhexd
Fearing the flames of Grammar Nazis!

59 minutes ago, lordhexd said:

I personally am in the "I hate drilling" bandwagon~ But at the same time I get Khloe's point! Though I feel, so far the community here isn't as competitive as Khloe makes it out to be. One reason I enjoyed trickster in the old days (lol) was that it wasn't so grindy, and the people I played with were a hell of a lot more laid back than when playing RO. So nurturing that side of the community would probably be for the best.

I have no idea how prevalent the competitive side of the community is. I am only speaking for myself, as a grindy, competitive player, and as someone that came to this server almost specifically to escape P2P-influenced power creep and driller pets.

Sidenote: I also enjoyed Trickster in the old days (~10 years ago), but I enjoyed grinding, optimization, and working towards being one of the strongest players.

*cough* Learning that MD was not "Magic Damage," *cough cough* (ehhh) Those were the days...

Hooray! Keep up the great work.

I also agree with making driller pets hard to get if you're going to make them available in game. If you're going to make an essential, tedious function of the game require no thought or labor, you might as well let the player work for days/weeks to obtain it. 

That's how I think it should be anyways, since LifeTO isn't pay to win.

Why not allow driller pets ONLY in mines and not on any other maps. Refining is the only hell without driller pets imho

Edited by nariann

Would yah look at that. More than I expected, that's for sure. Good job. Good to know you stay to your word. Props to Raymonf mostly. You made time.

41 minutes ago, nariann said:

Why not allow driller pets ONLY in mines and not on any other maps. Refining is the only hell without driller pets imho

If anything, I'd say the exact opposite, or at least Tap/Tech Mines. They're the most ideal spots in the game to afk-drill for money and Exp/TMExp, anyone can drill there with no aggressive monsters, and an afk-driller ban wouldn't be as big of a deal, since you don't need as many ores at that tier of refining.

I feel that might be a good compromise actually, if the playerbase stongly deems driller pets as necessary. Have them on the server, but through some restriction, no afk-drilling in Tap or Tech Mine. There still might be server issues from all the afkers, particurlarly if there is ever a drilling event, but I'd assume/hope Sky would prepare for that.

Posted (edited)

Now that we're talking about it, I kinda want AFK-drilling to be killed. Look at the other server. It's DEAD. People AFK drill all day, from 1-400. Stupid concept of leveling in my opinion. Might as well allow people to BOT. There has be a limit to how long you can drill while being AFK, otherwise it turns into an AFK game during end-game.

Edited by whatthegump

1 hour ago, whatthegump said:

Now that we're talking about it, I kinda want AFK-drilling to be killed. Look at the other server. It's DEAD. People AFK drill all day, from 1-400. Stupid concept of leveling in my opinion. Might as well allow people to BOT. There has be a limit to how long you can drill while being AFK, otherwise it turns into an AFK game during end-game.

Yup, it'll be a timed item. It'll be one of the few items that still have the "MyShop quest" requirement.

That means it won't be sold for money directly.

3 minutes ago, Raymonf said:

Yup, it'll be a timed item.

The typical "Item has a duration -> Duration ends -> Insert recharge coupons -> Item is use-able again?"

If so, are coupons going to be obnoxiously difficult to come by?

10 minutes ago, khloebunni said:

The typical "Item has a duration -> Duration ends -> Insert recharge coupons -> Item is use-able again?"

If so, are coupons going to be obnoxiously difficult to come by?

As far as I know, recharge coupons are broken.

Just now, Raymonf said:

As far as I know, recharge coupons are broken.

Iirc, I remember that being the case. So, then, let's assume everything can and will be fixed eventually—any idea about the intentions for driller pet duration and coupon acquisition?

35 minutes ago, khloebunni said:

Iirc, I remember that being the case. So, then, let's assume everything can and will be fixed eventually—any idea about the intentions for driller pet duration and coupon acquisition?

Umm.. we haven't discussed that yet. As for coupon acquisition, it might just be regular MyShop if we can get it to work, but don't quote me on this.

pinging @Sky

Hi guys i'm new to the server and i'm really hyped about it, but theres one thing worring me... since all the my shop items are obtainable in-game how do you guys intend to maintain the server, any kind of ( Non-OP ) premium or just cosmetics? I'm afraid the server wont be able to keep itself alive for long...

Just curious. :|