Raymonf

Patch Notes [2017-04-22]

45 posts in this topic

We will be retaining Sheep Box and Raccoon Box (and all upcoming char boxes that are going to be released while the marketplace is down) until a week after the marketplace is reopened as suggested by the community. Corvid Box is considered as minor update so it'll be removed next week and replaced with a new box (picked by random.org).

MyShop

• Removed Easter Basket 40, 80, 120
  • Removed Bunny Girl Box 80, 180
  • Added SI-37 Vindicator Box 220, 210, 110
  • Box of Regret 220, 110

General

• Initial client-side security release: anti-macro. Yes, it's not allowed.
  • Reduced the value of Techichi Mine ores because it can be exchanged using a cheaper ore. Tapasco Mine ores' value will remain the same, since we're rushing to implement the client-side security for LifeTO.
  • Fixed Resurrect Scroll price in Megalopolis Shop.

Known Issues

• If you use a laptop and have two-finger scrolling enabled (especially those with the Synaptics Touchpad Driver), disable it. It is currently detected as a macro.

Thank you for the update! Especially the anti-macro. (clap)

Kinda wish we got other boxes besides the vindicator ones but oh well. 
The rest of the stuff is good. 
Keep up the good work guys! 

Can't seem to start up the game, whenever i try to open it, it says "trickster client has stopped working" 

Can confirm another friend is having same issue.

1 minute ago, dontmovetona said:

Can't seem to start up the game, whenever i try to open it, it says "trickster client has stopped working" 

Can confirm another friend is having same issue.

Multiple people having same issue. Hang on tight for a bit. Ray working on a fix

Aaand it's fixed. See, this is why you do not trust me with entering sensitive info. I'll be the cause of the next AWS downtime. (cry)

@dontmovetona @hueyple

We'll fix the client lag tomorrow, expect a patch in maybe 18 hours. Sorry about that. :/

Can't seem to start the game due to an error. Any ideas?

N6gAqo6.jpg

So.. It says I'm hacking and it doesn't want to open but I am 100% sure I am not hacking.. unless it's detecting my mouse macros? LOL not really down to get a new mouse just so I can play.

23 minutes ago, dontmovetona said:

So.. It says I'm hacking and it doesn't want to open but I am 100% sure I am not hacking.. unless it's detecting my mouse macros? LOL not really down to get a new mouse just so I can play.

Uhhh, macroing isn't allowed at all.

Can't log in to the game :(((( . Just stuck at connecting to the game server..HELP!!!

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Raymonf said:

Uhhh, macroing isn't allowed at all.

I am not using any macros on the game, but it is built into my mouse, i dont even have any of the macros set but it still detects it.

I can even screenshot you my empty mouse macro page if you insist

Edited by dontmovetona

2 minutes ago, dontmovetona said:

I am not using any macros on the game, but it is built into my mouse, i dont even have any of the macros set but it still detects it.

I can even screenshot you my empty mouse macro page if you insist

Weird. What mouse is it?

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Raymonf said:

Weird. What mouse is it?

It is one of those gaming mouses with a bunch of buttons and its own programme to set macros like "skip to next song" "pause video" and so on

Edit : Ive tried to unplug the mouse, exit the programme and restarted my pc, still thinks im hacking though..

Edited by dontmovetona

11 minutes ago, dontmovetona said:

It is one of those gaming mouses with a bunch of buttons and its own programme to set macros like "skip to next song" "pause video" and so on

Edit : Ive tried to unplug the mouse, exit the programme and restarted my pc, still thinks im hacking though..

Uninstall the program, maybe?

1 hour ago, unriaru said:

Can't seem to start the game due to an error. Any ideas?

N6gAqo6.jpg

Getting the same error message here.

1 hour ago, Raymonf said:

Uninstall the program, maybe?

My mouse would become all weird if i uninstall the programme since it helps calibrate the mouse x:..

Posted (edited)

Fresh from reinstalling the client after seeing stuff here that the game failed to start due to errors -- and because my antivirus started to screw up again, even though I've put my Trickster folder onto every scan exceptions.

However, this and an Exceptional Error end message screwed me up, right after patching the newly-reinstalled client. Any ideas?

Y4g9lA2.png

Yet another edit: Looks like the custom Setup file was the culprit, lol. I wonder when will that file be included in the next full client or patch? (ehhh)

Edited by zero02mmx

Posted (edited)

Hello Ray! Thanks a lot for the updates and boxes. I definitely like that we are keeping character boxes till after the market. Kudos! (clap)

On a side-note: I agree with the anti-macro function, but it seems to be detecting things that aren't macros as a hacking tool. I might be the only one experiencing this, since I use my drawing tablet quite a lot (Wacom Graphire4), but whenever I plug it in to, say, work on a commissioned piece on the side, it would kick me from the game. I would presume it's because it functions a little differently from a normal mouse, as it references its position from where the pen is, rather than by the direction of movement relative to the mouse cursor. It's kind of a bummer, since I use my drawing tablet quite regularly on a very frequent basis. I understand that it's been a very busy month for you guys, but I just wanted to throw this out there. (ehhh) Looks like this patch isn't compatible with drawing tablets.

Edit: Oh man I really don't know if I should have posted here or another section or PM'd this./e14

Edited by Alas

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Alas said:

Hello Ray! Thanks a lot for the updates and boxes. I definitely like that we are keeping character boxes till after the market. Kudos! (clap)

On a side-note: I agree with the anti-macro function, but it seems to be detecting things that aren't macros as a hacking tool. I might be the only one experiencing this, since I use my drawing tablet quite a lot (Wacom Graphire4), but whenever I plug it in to, say, work on a commissioned piece on the side, it would kick me from the game. I would presume it's because it functions a little differently from a normal mouse, as it references its position from where the pen is, rather than by the direction of movement relative to the mouse cursor. It's kind of a bummer, since I use my drawing tablet quite regularly on a very frequent basis. I understand that it's been a very busy month for you guys, but I just wanted to throw this out there. (ehhh) Looks like this patch isn't compatible with drawing tablets.

My wacom device works fine but it's a different device.

The driver for my tablet is wacom desktop center 6.3.17-3.

Given that graphire is an older model, you probably cannot update the driver. It might be work checking if you can though.

Edit: never mind, I also have this issue, as soon as I put pen to tablet, it closes.

On another note, my laptop touchscreen will also shut the program down. So if I touch my screen "poof".

Edited by cakeftw
engrish

Yeah.. I don't have a tablet but im pretty sure its doing the same thing with my mouse.

When i try to open the launcher, to start the update, a window that says "trickster client has stopped working" pop-up, and i can't update .... anyone else still have this issue, or its just me? :(

btw, is there any way to download the update as a manual patch? 

ps. sorry if u can't understand me very well, english isn't my main language, and i'm still learning it :s

Just now, LuckyGuy said:

When i try to open the launcher, to start the update, a window that says "trickster client has stopped working" pop-up, and i can't update .... anyone else still have this issue, or its just me? :(

btw, is there any way to download the update as a manual patch? 

ps. sorry if u can't understand me very well, english isn't my main language, and i'm still learning it :s

Try right clicking on splash.exe and choose run as administrator.

Just now, YakumoRan said:

Try right clicking on splash.exe and choose run as administrator.

already did it... tbh, every time i'll open the launcher, i do it :s