Sky

Important Announcement

37 posts in this topic

Hello Tricksters,

After a very deep reflection, I've decided to temporarily take down the project on July 15, 2017 while we reform the team and assign the right people in most critical positions. The main reasons behind this decision are because LifeTO's updates are delayed, and seasonal events and SNT weren't religiously hosted for the past 2 months. It's embarrassing and I no longer have enough time to finish the upcoming major updates due to the current responsibilities I have in the company.

For those who do not know yet, I was transferred to a startup company and was assigned to pioneer it. So, me and the branch director are working closely and building the company together. My responsibilities at work are business development, project management, marketing, and web development.

Leading a project this ambitious isn't always an easy task, both Raymonf and I have struggled to make time to collaborate and work on the server. Also, I didn't expect the community management to be this challenging. It's really hard to maintain a healthy competition.

So what my plan is to take the main server off while we reform the team and apply necessary updates on the test server. The test server is going to be available for anyone who has an existing account.

The current available positions are the following:

1. Community Managers (2/5) - The most critical position. Someone who's mature enough to deal with players. Very good time management and creativity. Community Managers are the ones who will oversee the forum, plans and host events with the help of me or Raymonf (as some things in the server requires debugging before it works).

2. Graphic Designer (0/2) - Will be creating banners, posters, and other materials for the server.

3. Social Media Manager (0/1) - Will be posting in our Facebook page and group in advance. Will be directly coordinating with the CM and GFX for contents.

Here are the contents that are in our queue:

1. Mad Ray update and all the new equipment with it.
2. Egg Shop complete Exchange
3. Fix for all confirmed bugs
5. Web Daily Rewards
6. Lucky Player Reward
7. GvG Ranking on web
8. Better website (more info, better SEO, panel + web combined)
9. Item and Mob Database (like www.ratemyserver.net)
10. Tapasco Theme Spa and Neil's Camp

I want to focus on designing the future updates and write contents. I am usually in the office and I cannot bring my development stuff in there. If you're interested on applying, please e-mail me at skytrickster (at) gmail.com. We'll open the main server again once we fill in these positions.

The project started 2 years ago (Jan. 2015), when Raymonf and I had one thing in mind: "Open a non-pay-to-win  Trickster server". From there, Raymonf worked hard to figure out things and debug the server. We rushed things and didn't recruit the right people in critical positions, so regular events and game improvements were nowhere to be seen. Also, I haven't been always making the best decisions in a timely manner but I am still glad that I was surrounded by very patient people. I just want to redo this and make it right this time to make more Trickster players happy and give them what they deserve: a fun and active community where they can invest their time.

Summary:
- The main server will be down on July 15, 2017
- The test server will be available
- No wipe, all your data will remain
- We need to reform the team for this project to continue and live longer

Sad to see the main server go down once again, but I really admire your future plans. I will definitely play the test server once it's available. 

Do I need to remove the items from the bank online, so I do not lose my equipment?(alarm)

If my character tries to open the store, an error message will be displayed and the client will be terminated.

5 hours ago, Gini said:

Do I need to remove the items from the bank online, so I do not lose my equipment?(alarm)

Nope, all data will be retained once the main server goes back up.

By the way, we're going to give a large amount of MyShop to each character to test to one's heart's content.

by any chance

In 3. Fix for all confirmed bugs,

it is include below phenomenon?

"If there are more than 250 items with inventory , will the character pause" Phenomenon fix ?

@SkyAlbeit being sad that the server will go down for a while, I still agree with you completely on basically every aspect. Btw, it is awesome that a test server will be made available for us to test to our hearts content. Cheers~

How do i play in test servers?

Even Jesus died only once (grr). But hit us up with that test server and I want a piece of that GFX position (happy). Got a lot of free time at work lately (cool).

Even "bad news" sounds good when you deliver them in all honesty. Thanks, you two. Though, I think I can only help with bug tests as of now (something that I used to do and earn a living from) as personal life commitments dissuade me from applying for the posts. Cheers.

so starting july 15th we will be on a test server with the data from before. But what happens after the main server gets back? Will we keep the stuff from test server or not?

5 hours ago, Pieter said:

so starting july 15th we will be on a test server with the data from before. But what happens after the main server gets back? Will we keep the stuff from test server or not?

I'm quite certain that we will not keep anything from the test server. As Ray said:

On 6/28/2017 at 5:56 AM, Raymonf said:

By the way, we're going to give a large amount of MyShop to each character to test to one's heart's content.

Basically like playing a game with cheat-mode enabled.

3 hours ago, Silver said:

I'm quite certain that we will not keep anything from the test server.

Of course not! :eyes:

3 hours ago, Silver said:

Basically like playing a game with cheat-mode enabled.

No, testing with cheat-mode enabled.

I should find an extension for emoji.. hmm.

Question!

What about the timed items? My rentals have like 50days on them, will they expire? will they be frozen?

1 hour ago, chouhatsu said:

Question!

What about the timed items? My rentals have like 50days on them, will they expire? will they be frozen?

They'll expire, unfortunately. We're not sure about what to give for compensation just yet.

The server is down?
I cant enter...
19866889_10213778338198235_981388915_o.p

On 28/06/2017 at 5:10 AM, Sky said:

Hello Tricksters,

After a very deep reflection, I've decided to temporarily take down the project on July 15, 2017 while we reform the team and assign the right people in most critical positions. The main reasons behind this decision are because LifeTO's updates are delayed, and seasonal events and SNT weren't religiously hosted for the past 2 months. It's embarrassing and I no longer have enough time to finish the upcoming major updates due to the current responsibilities I have in the company.

For those who do not know yet, I was transferred to a startup company and was assigned to pioneer it. So, me and the branch director are working closely and building the company together. My responsibilities at work are business development, project management, marketing, and web development.

Leading a project this ambitious isn't always an easy task, both Raymonf and I have struggled to make time to collaborate and work on the server. Also, I didn't expect the community management to be this challenging. It's really hard to maintain a healthy competition.

So what my plan is to take the main server off while we reform the team and apply necessary updates on the test server. The test server is going to be available for anyone who has an existing account.

The current available positions are the following:

1. Community Managers (0/5) - The most critical position. Someone who's mature enough to deal with players. Very good time management and creativity. Community Managers are the ones who will oversee the forum, plans and host events with the help of me or Raymonf (as some things in the server requires debugging before it works).

2. Graphic Designer (0/2) - Will be creating banners, posters, and other materials for the server.

3. Social Media Manager (0/1) - Will be posting in our Facebook page and group in advance. Will be directly coordinating with the CM and GFX for contents.

Here are the contents that are in our queue:

1. Mad Ray update and all the new equipment with it.
2. Egg Shop complete Exchange
3. Fix for all confirmed bugs
5. Web Daily Rewards
6. Lucky Player Reward
7. GvG Ranking on web
8. Better website (more info, better SEO, panel + web combined)
9. Item and Mob Database (like www.ratemyserver.net)
10. Tapasco Theme Spa and Neil's Camp

I want to focus on designing the future updates and write contents. I am usually in the office and I cannot bring my development stuff in there. If you're interested on applying, please e-mail me at skytrickster (at) gmail.com. We'll open the main server again once we fill in these positions.

The project started 2 years ago (Jan. 2015), when Raymonf and I had one thing in mind: "Open a non-pay-to-win  Trickster server". From there, Raymonf worked hard to figure out things and debug the server. We rushed things and didn't recruit the right people in critical positions, so regular events and game improvements were nowhere to be seen. Also, I haven't been always making the best decisions in a timely manner but I am still glad that I was surrounded by very patient people. I just want to redo this and make it right this time to make more Trickster players happy and give them what they deserve: a fun and active community where they can invest their time.

Summary:
- The main server will be down on July 15, 2017
- The test server will be available
- No wipe, all your data will remain
- We need to reform the team for this project to continue and live longer

Which country are you guys from? i am a graphic designer :)

4 hours ago, sgboy said:

Which country are you guys from? i am a graphic designer :)

We're pretty "international", but we primarily operate LifeTO using the ET timezone (American eastern standard/daylight time).

Thank you,  We support you

It looks like the servers are now down but there hasn't been any news about the Test Server being up.

Is the access to the Test Server open to everyone who previously had an account? 

Can anyone provide details as to how to access it (do we need to download a separate client etc.?) if possible? Thank you.

É mais e a de mora ? kk

4 hours ago, cofloko said:

É mais e a de mora ? kk

Também quero saber hahahahah

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, unriaru said:

It looks like the servers are now down but there hasn't been any news about the Test Server being up.

Is the access to the Test Server open to everyone who previously had an account? 

Can anyone provide details as to how to access it (do we need to download a separate client etc.?) if possible? Thank you.

Waiting here too! 

Edited by doradoriana

On 7/17/2017 at 5:10 AM, unriaru said:

1. Probably next week.

2. Yup!

3. It'll just be a quick patch.