38 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Raymonf said:

1. Probably next week.

2. Yup!

3. It'll just be a quick patch.

yiiiippeeeee

On 28.6.2017 at 0:10 AM, Sky said:

- The test server will be available

when the test server will open? from where do we download it .. 

When is the real date of opening test server? Are you guys going to make an announcement on the site?

Buenas noches, cuando van a habilitar el server de prueba para poder jugarlo.

Saludos. Desde ARGENTINA.

Hi life trickster community 

After I update splash,  I still can't log in the server.  

16 hours ago, singfantasia said:

Hi life trickster community 

After I update splash,  I still can't log in the server.  

Sorry, mate. We're not there yet. We're going to release the test server on Thursday.

Hello, former Trickster player here,

After the trickster shutdown, I played some other Trickster private server not for a long time since the grind was killing my soul... again.

I've never played LifeTO, but I really respect the concept behind it.

I can't play games hardcore-style anymore, but I still wanna have fun playing Trickster, and I believe LifeTO's concept is the way to it.

I hope it all works out and you all have my support.

Kisses from Brazil.

Sincerely,

-Me

With the amount of ambition and passion involved and a great looking server btw! If there's the least i can do to aid with you and your team's progression i would be happy to donate towards this project. You guys are going a long way for everyone including me and i have yet to feel old for Trickster any time soon!

Thank you, guys! Here's an update:

1. New website is ongoing. I am already done with the content and we're currently working on the site's front-end.
2. Ray is working on a more secured Panel and a better forum.
3. Nigel (new dev) is working on the server-side updates
4. We have 2 new community managers, Ricardo and Ellie ~

We are aiming to finish everything by the 2nd week of September. If anyone's interested to apply as a community manager or social media manager, please do send me an e-mail. 

Question.. on the 2nd week of September = server wiped? fresh start?

I heard there will be custom stuffs to be updated / included? not going to be implemented in Beta Period? straight to Official Launch?

kind of worried about bugs / exploits because new stuffs not necessarily stable..

22 hours ago, darkomega said:

Question.. on the 2nd week of September = server wiped? fresh start?

I heard there will be custom stuffs to be updated / included? not going to be implemented in Beta Period? straight to Official Launch?

kind of worried about bugs / exploits because new stuffs not necessarily stable..

Its a "test" server so any progress made in it may be in vain, it would have to be wiped to keep things fair and consistent.

I really wanted to "test" that "custom" stuffs.. which is unique to Life TO (Custom NPC? System? Item? etc.)

Because there is a good chance it will be bugged and exploited secretly, which cause unfairness (which often happen to new servers, various private server games)

On 27/06/2017 at 6:10 PM, Sky said:

Hello Tricksters,

After a very deep reflection, I've decided to temporarily take down the project on July 15, 2017 while we reform the team and assign the right people in most critical positions. The main reasons behind this decision are because LifeTO's updates are delayed, and seasonal events and SNT weren't religiously hosted for the past 2 months. It's embarrassing and I no longer have enough time to finish the upcoming major updates due to the current responsibilities I have in the company.

For those who do not know yet, I was transferred to a startup company and was assigned to pioneer it. So, me and the branch director are working closely and building the company together. My responsibilities at work are business development, project management, marketing, and web development.

Leading a project this ambitious isn't always an easy task, both Raymonf and I have struggled to make time to collaborate and work on the server. Also, I didn't expect the community management to be this challenging. It's really hard to maintain a healthy competition.

So what my plan is to take the main server off while we reform the team and apply necessary updates on the test server. The test server is going to be available for anyone who has an existing account.

The current available positions are the following:

1. Community Managers (2/5) - The most critical position. Someone who's mature enough to deal with players. Very good time management and creativity. Community Managers are the ones who will oversee the forum, plans and host events with the help of me or Raymonf (as some things in the server requires debugging before it works).

2. Graphic Designer (0/2) - Will be creating banners, posters, and other materials for the server.

3. Social Media Manager (0/1) - Will be posting in our Facebook page and group in advance. Will be directly coordinating with the CM and GFX for contents.

Here are the contents that are in our queue:

1. Mad Ray update and all the new equipment with it.
2. Egg Shop complete Exchange
3. Fix for all confirmed bugs
5. Web Daily Rewards
6. Lucky Player Reward
7. GvG Ranking on web
8. Better website (more info, better SEO, panel + web combined)
9. Item and Mob Database (like www.ratemyserver.net)
10. Tapasco Theme Spa and Neil's Camp

I want to focus on designing the future updates and write contents. I am usually in the office and I cannot bring my development stuff in there. If you're interested on applying, please e-mail me at skytrickster (at) gmail.com. We'll open the main server again once we fill in these positions.

The project started 2 years ago (Jan. 2015), when Raymonf and I had one thing in mind: "Open a non-pay-to-win  Trickster server". From there, Raymonf worked hard to figure out things and debug the server. We rushed things and didn't recruit the right people in critical positions, so regular events and game improvements were nowhere to be seen. Also, I haven't been always making the best decisions in a timely manner but I am still glad that I was surrounded by very patient people. I just want to redo this and make it right this time to make more Trickster players happy and give them what they deserve: a fun and active community where they can invest their time.

Summary:
- The main server will be down on July 15, 2017
- The test server will be available
- No wipe, all your data will remain
- We need to reform the team for this project to continue and live longer

When the server comes back, you guys could make a special event to boost 1 new or old character per account to 3rd job!